Jul 15, 2011

DIY Beauty Fridays: Homemade Eye Makeup Remover

I ran out of eye makeup remover about three days ago.  I was using my favorite Sonia Kashuk eye makeup remover and remember thinking, as I neared the bottom of the bottle, that I need to purchase some more.  However it completely slipped my mind.

After scrounging drawer after drawer of my vanity table, searching for even a Clinique or Lancome sample product, I remembered a homemade eye makeup remover recipe that I used to make all the time.  I love this recipe because it only contains three products that almost EVERYONE will have in their house. 

Homemade Eye Makeup Remover 

1 travel size shampoo container
1 cup water 
1 1/2 Tbsp. Baby shampoo
1/8 tsp. Olive oil (extra virgin)

Mix all three products together and pour into shampoo container.  Ensure that you shake well prior to use so the oil/water combine.  Pour on cotton pad and apply to eye area.

Though I would usually never recommend using water to remove eye makeup, when combined with olive oil, it creates the perfect balance.  Plus, baby shampoo makes a great cleanser because it's extremely gentle and will never cause your eyes to tear.  Together, this concoction makes an inexpensive alternative to the over-priced products on the market AND it works loads better than most brands I've tried in the past.

Have a great weekend, ladies, and let me know your thoughts on this recipe if you try it!!

XO

7 comments:

  1. This is simply awesome! I will definitely try it!
    Thanks
    Catanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! I'll have to remember this! I actually JUST shelled out $10 for the beloved Sonia Kashuk remover. But it's painful every time I do it.. haha.

    Have a great Friday, love! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. You amazing lady!! I'm trying this at the week end :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I had baby shampoo I'd give this a try! Another good recipe is half olive oil, half witch hazel. :) Also face moisturizer works well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tip! I'll have to try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just tried it and it really does work like magic! Woww! Mind if I share this recipe (and include your URL, of course)?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have used grape seed oil on a cotton ball for years. Inexpensive and works great, even with waterproof mascara.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!...XO Christina


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.